Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore your smile. Dentures may be made of acrylic resin or a combination with various metals.
Benefits of Dentures
Modern dentures are natural looking and fit so much better than they used to.
- Dentures provides a set of fully functioning set of teeth
- Teeth out of position can damage tissues in the mouth
- Dentures help keep facial muscles from sagging that can make a person look older
- Prevents exisiting teeth from drifting into surrounding space of the missing teeth
- Dentures assists to eat and speak better relative to having no teeth in place
- You will be able to smile more confidently
- Helps to chew food
Types of Dentures
Complete dentures or Full dentures are used when all the teeth are missing. Complete dentures is normally of acrylic or plastic materials. The framework of complete dentures may be made of resin, metal or a combination. Additional metal components may however be specified to be added as part of the complete dentures framework for better strength and durability.
Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
A removable partial denture usually consists of replacement teeth attached to a pink or gum-colored plastic base attach to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments.
Type Of Partial Dentures
- Acrylic partial dentures made of acrylic material or call immediate dentures.
- Metal Frame partial dentures with metal components for a stronger frame and a more durable use.