The lingual braces is on back side of each tooth. It has own unique shape-unlike the front of each tooth. Each lingual bracket must be custom-formed to the unique shape of each individual tooth. Treatment for lingual braces are usually more difficult than that of standard braces, thus only orthodontists trained in lingual technique are able to offer this form of specialized treatment. No one can tell they are wearing these braces. Patients can enjoy the process of orthodontia while still retaining a natural smile.
Benefits of Lingual Braces
- Hidden thus not visible that braces are being worn
- Bite opening and better anchorage control
- Less speech hindrance
Procedure of Lingual Braces Treatment
- First Evaluation and diagnosis
- Medical records are made including a panoramic x-ray and celphlometric x-ray and study model
- An appropriate treatment plan is made based on analysis of the gathered information that is discussed with you
- Pre-orthodontic treatment
- Any required pre-orthodontic treatment is done such as tooth extraction, gum treatment or teeth scaling
- Taking an impression of the teeth for the lingual braces labwork to be made
- Fitting of braces
once lingual braces labwork is complete, allows the orthodontist to use a specific process to cement the braces onto the back surfaces of your teeth.
- Monthly visits are made to adjust your braces on monthly basis
- Retainers usually need to be worn during night time after braces are removed