Dental veneers or porcelain veneers are aesthetic treatments for smile makeover employs the use of dental veneers, a thin layer of restorative material composed of porcelain placed over a tooth surface to restore a damage tooth or improve the aesthetics of tooth. Dental veneers enable patients to choose and change teeth shape and cover any irregularities. Now porcelain veneers used use evolving concepts Digital Smile Design (DSD) to customise and preview post treatment results.
Type of Dental Veneers
- Porcelain Veneer or Ceramic Veneer is one of the most popular Veneers materials, IPS Empress Esthetics or eMax restorations had an establishing historial grounding with proven aesthetic results. The opalescent IPS Empress Esthetic or eMax veneer layering materials imitates natural teeth.
- Composite Veneers or Direct Veneers is also known as direct veneers that uses composite resin or dental bonding in building a new outer layer to cover the surface of teeth.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Typically veneers are difficult to stain and durable
- Corrects the alignment of teeth “instant braces”
- Brightens your smile and improve self-esteem
- Has translucence and texture similar natural enamel
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Lengthens and reshape teeth
- Repairs chipped, broken, worn down or misshapen teeth
- Covers tretracycline stains and other discolorations such as fluorosis, prescence of large resin fillings
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
- Does not require extensive shaping that crowns do and is a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to bonding