Traditional braces on the left are tied in with elastics, which cause friction and pressure, making treatment slower and less comfortable. Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the wire, which allows teeth to move more freely, quickly and comfortably.
Damon braces are designed to be discreet, comfortable and easy to keep clean. Without the elastic ties which attract and collect plaque, Damon braces make dental hygiene easy during treatment. Plus the Damon System is available in clear brackets for those image conscious patients.
Benefits of Damon Braces
- Straight and evenly spaced teeth are easier to keep clean, resulting in better oral health.
- Properly aligned teeth chew more efficiently, which may help digestion.
- Aligned teeth create a better bite, which may reduce stress, headaches, and strain on your supporting bone and tissue.
- According to the American Association of Orthodontists, crooked and crowded teeth are hard to clean and maintain.
- This may contribute to conditions that cause not only tooth decay but may lead to gum disease and tooth loss.
Procedure of Ceramic Braces Treatment
- Evaluation and diagnosis
Medical records are made including a panoramic x-ray and cephalometric x-ray and study model and appropriate treatment plan is made based on analysis of the gathered information that is discussed with you
- Pre-orthodontic treatment
Any required pre-orthodontic treatment is done such as tooth extraction, gum treatment or teeth scaling
- Fitting of braces
Once any required pre-orthodontic treatment is completed, the braces are placed on with bands that applies the forces required to align teeth
- Checkup visits are made to adjust your braces on monthly basis
- Retainers usually need to be worn during night time after braces are removed to prevent relapses